What this is about..

I and a friend, David Curtis, recently went on a trip to Zambia, to teach or present a book Happiness Unboxed, written by Tim Dunn.
We were hosted and presented by Tony, a man from South Africa. Tony first came into our lives through a intern program we host in Midland Texas, through Midland Bible Church. Tony is a missionary in South Africa, and is doing some great things. He asked us if we might come and teach in South Africa sometime, so here we are.
My church, our church, Tim's, David's and mine is Midland Bible Church. MBC has become a disciple church, and the disciples come from within the church body. We have mission trips that go to Russia, Uganda and South Africa now, to spread the word, to minister, to disciple.

Monday, August 23, 2010

A quick add too...

I realize the 1st post is lengthy, so do get a cup of coffee, a glass of tea or your favorite brew to enjoy as you experience this story.
   The writing of this is pretty awesome in itself.  I do not write much, at all, usually.  I do not like to sit and read or write much, I fall asleep usually if I sit long at all. Especially on an airplane, after a week of cold interrupted sleeping on the ground.
   One of these nights, just before we started back to Lusaka, I woke up at about 3AM(Africa time) and could not go back to sleep.  So I started to pray.  Then I thought I needed to write my experiences down, before I forgot them all.  I had not been able to email all as I had planned, so no 'news' had gone out. I finally went back to sleep.
  A couple of days later, on the plane, I could not wait to start writing. I began  writing some, quite a bit actually, then I got tired and settled in to sleep.  This sleep was about an hour.  It was great. Then I awoke, and was ready to write.  I wrote. And wrote. And Wrote.  One passenger next to me, commented " You have been writing." I said yes I HAD to get some stuff down from the trip.  This guy had been doing some work on his lap top beside me for awhile himself.  He then said " No, You have really been writing, for like 8 hours."  I had.
  I wrote like this on the trip from London to Houston also. One day break in between as we were in Sofitel. The meals they brought were not removed fast enough.    I was driven to write this down.  I hand wrote 50 pages.
   I do not write.  I was inspired, God inspired. I hope you are too.

No comments:

Post a Comment